In this Strategy Brief, we join Dax Justin in the Banff National Park to talk about working with influencers, and how to get the most value from influencer campaigns.
To start, here are a few interesting facts about working with influencers:
- Instagram is THE Number #1 platform for 92% of influencers in 2017.
- 67% of marketers believe influencer marketing campaigns helped them reach a more targeted audience and more impactful results.
- 70% of millennials say they related to YouTube creators more than traditional celebrities.
If you want to dig into the studies and resources yourself, here are some handy linky links:
- Top Influencer Marketing Trends for 2018
- Influencer Marketing in 2018
- Top Social Networks for Influencers (2017 / 2018)
- When hiring influencers, you are not just buying their reach. You are buying their perspective – which is much more valuable.
- Combine different levels of influencers, from micro-influencers to the leaders (if your resources allow) for a variety of perspectives and audiences.
- Set brand parameters that aren’t too constrained, and let them be creative. Each one of them knows how to relate to their audience better than you do.
- Consider creating a set of brand standards, and understand what emotion of feeling you want the influencers to convey.
- What an influencer does, is bring their audience to the location (or product) and presents the experience from their eyes. Sort of a digital version of “Being John Malkovich”.
Hope you found some of those insights helpful!